My Dear Donga - Arresting Developments

 


My Dear Donga
2024, Telugu
Directed by B S Sarwagna Kumar
 
Cast of characters:
Abhinav Gomatam...Suresh
Shalini Kondepudi...Sujatha
Divya Sripada...Bujji
Nikhil Gajula...Vishal
 
Mohan's Measure⭐
 
I have to admit I could not watch My Dear Donga all the way through.  It is one of those strange movies set in Cyberabad which replaces the real India with a cardboard copy of Western Gen Z life.
 
The story starts off quite interestingly, with a thief finding himself caught by a young upwardly mobile young woman.  Rather than being turned in, he has to pretend to be an old boyfriend and make her current boyfriend jealous.
 
The characters are shallow, the story becomes more ridiculous as it unfolds.  The movie is a star-crossed mix between Friends and Seinfeld, set in a world which none but the few would pretend to understand. 
 
It's about all the imagination I could handle.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts